PRELIM QUIZ FOR YOUTH FEST FINAL ENTRIES (2014-15)
Time: one hour MM: 50 marks
- Who is the Chief Justice of India at present?
a. Justice R.M. Lodha b. Justice P. Sathasivam c. Justice S. Kamath d. Justice A.K. Pandey2. Statutory Liquidity ratio (effective from June 14, 2014) is
a. 22 percent b. 22.5 percent c. 23 percent d 23.5 percent
3. Who has been appointed as the Infosys CEO?
a) N.R. Narayanamurthy b) Vishal Sikka c. S. Gopalakrishnan d. Ramendra Dutt
4. Madhya Pradesh Government appointed which Bollywood actress as brand ambassador of maternal and child health campaign, Mamta Abhiyan?
a) Sri Devi b. Madhuri Dixit c. Rekha d. JuhiChawla
5. In which state did the Bhartiya Janta Party win all seats in Parliament elections 2014?
a.Gujarat b. Rajasthan c. Uttarakhand d. All of the above
6. Who started Arya Samaj?
a. Swami Vivekanand b. Raja Ram Mohan Roy
c. Swami DayanandSaraswati d. Gopal Krishna Gokhale
7. With which one of the following movements is the slogan ‘Do or Die’ associated?
a. Swadeshi Movement b. Non –Cooperation movement
c. Civil Disobedience Movement d. Quit India Movement.
8. Who was the leader of Chipko Movement?
a. Medha Patkar b. Subhash Gheising c. Bala saheb Deoras d. Sunder Lal Bahuguna
9. Which country is known as the sugar bowl of the world?
a. India b. Cuba c. Russia d. USA
10. Who was the President of Indian National Congress, when India became free?
a.Mahatma Gandhi b. Jawahar Lal Nehru c. J. B. Kriplani d. Sardar Patel
11. Which one of the following union territories has its territorial areas spread in three states?
a. Delhi b. Pondicherry c. Chandigarh d. Lakshadweep
12. The Indian Planning Commission was set up in
a. 1948 b. 1950. c. 1951 d. 1952
13. Who is the Chairman of ISRO
a.K. Madhavan Nair b. K.S. Radhakrishnan c. Dr.K. Radhakrishnan d. None
14. How long a person should have practiced in a High Court to be eligible to be appointed as a Judge of Supreme Court of India?
a.10 Years b.15 Years c.12 Years d.5 Years
15. What is the party symbol of All India Dravida Munetra Kangham
a.Bicycle b.Lantern c.Two leaves d.Sickle
16. 2014 Asian Games will be take place in
(a) Japan (b) Indonesia (c) South Korea (d) India
17. Which country will host 2015 cricket world cup
a).England b) South Africa c) Sri Lanka d) Australia
18. Faster Higher stronger is the motto of which international game event
a. commonwealth b. Olympics c. FIFA world cup d. Wimbledon
19. Who won men Wimbledon championship of this year
a.Novak Djokovic b. Rafael Nadal. C) Rojer Fedrer d) None
20. What was Indian Gold Medal tally at Commenwealth Games
a. 15 b. 14 c.16 d. 18
21. Which female sports person won first individual medal at Olympics
a. Kunja Rani b. Marykom c. Karnam Malleshwari d. Saina Nehwal
22. Sachin tendulkar scored his first century after playing
a) 56 b) 45 c) 78 d)35
23. Who built Grand Trunk road
a. Humayun b. Shah Jahan c. sher shah suri d. Jahangir
24.The Battle of Plassey was fought in
a. 1757 b.1764 c 1857 d 174825.The present Lok Sabha is the
a.13th Lok Sabha b.14th Lok Sabha c. 15th Lok Sabha d. 16th Lok Sabha
26. The minimum age to qualify for election to the Lok Sabha is
a. 25 years b. 21 years c.18 years d. 35 years
27. Which of the following books has been written by Vikram Seth?
a. My God Died Young b. Islamic Bomb c.Look Back in Anger d.A Suitable Boy
28. Who wrote the line: ‘ A thing of beauty is a joy forever’?
a. John Keats b.Robert Browing c. P.B.Shelley d. William Wordsworth
29. B. C. Roy Award is given in the field of
a. Music b. Journalism c.Medicine d. Environment
30. Pulitzer prize is awarded for outstanding work in the field of
a.Science and Technology b.Environmental Studies
c.Literature and Journalism d.International Understanding
31. Amnesty International is an organisation associated with which of the following fields?
a.Protection of Cruelty to animals b.Environment protection
c.Protection of human rights d.Protection of historic monuments
32. Who won men Wimbledon championship of this year
a. Novak Djokovic b.Rojer Fedrer c.Rafeal Nadal d. None
33. Which of the following is used in pencils?
a. Graphite b. Silicon c. Charcoal d. Phosphorous
34. Washing soda is the common name for
a. Sodium carbonate b. Calcium bicarbonate c. Sodium bicarbonate
d. Calcium carbonate
35. Which of the gas is not known as green house gas?
a. Methane b. Nitrous oxide c. Carbon dioxide d. Hydrogen
36. The first wholly Indian Bank (Allahabad bank )was set up in
a. 1794 b. 1894 c. 1896 d. 1902
37. Debenture holders of a company are its
a. shareholders b. creditors c. debtors d. directors
38. The ratio of width of our National flag to its length is
a. 3:5 b. 2:3 c. 2:4 d. 3:4
39. Kathakali’ is a folk dance prevalent in which state?
a. Karnataka b. Orissa c. Kerala d. Manipur
40. The Radcliffe line is a boundary between
a. India and Pakistan b. India and China c. India and Myanmar d. India and Afghanistan
41. 20th August is celebrated as
a. Earth Day b. Sadbhavana Divas c. No Tobacco Day d. None of these42. Identify the footballer recently in news
a. Philipp Lahm b. James RODRIGUEZ c. Thomas Mueller d. Michael Klose
43. Identify the personality
a. Subhash Chander Bose b. Dr B.R. ambedkar c. Sardar Patel d. Chander Shekhar Azad
44. Identyfy the Minister in Modi Govt.
a. Meenakshi Lekhi b. Nirmala Sitaraman c. Sumitra Mahajan d. Margret Alva
45. About what has Ratan Tata said that it is not a flop but it was a lost opportunity ?
46. What does CNN stands for
47. What is the color of second “O” in google
48. Name CEO of Google
a. Eric Schmidt’s b. Larry Page c. Sergey Brin d. Tim Cook
49. Identify Logo of a famous company in entertainment business
a. Red Chilli b. Reliance Media c. Balaji telefilms d. Mukta arts
50. Write full form of any one of the following
PRELIM QUIZ FOR YOUTH FEST FINAL ENTRIES (2013-14)
Time: 30 Min MM: 30 marks
- Who has been selected for prestigious Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavna Award?________________________________
- Name the Indian Shuttler who recently claimed Bronze in world Badminton Championship._______________________________
- Name the Winner of Politiken Cup Chess Title______________________________________
- Who has been honoured with Mahatma Gandhi International award for Peace & Reconciliation?_________________________________
- Who is Forbes Highest earning Celebrity?______________________________________
- Which team won inaugural IPL Championship? _____________________________________
- Who for the first time framed draft of Indian Constitution?___________________________
- Who was first Satyagrahee in Gandhi ji’s movement of individual Satya grah?________________________
- Who was the chairman of Constitution Drafting Committee?_____________________________
- In what commodity did Britain conduct trade from India?______________________________
- NABARD was established on recommendations of _____________________________
- Note issuing Department of RBI always possess minimum gold stock of Rs_________________
- The first three leading producers of iron ore in world are________________________________
- Highest amount of salinity is found in __________________________
- Who has been appointed as the new Governor of RBI recently succeeding D SUBBARAO._____________________________?
- Which is the currency of Malaysia?_________________________________________
- Tshering Tobgay was on visit to India recently. He is present prime minister of ___________________
- India’s ace Player Aditya Mehta Bagged Gold medal in World Games in Cali, Columbia recently in___________________________
- Who was the First President of Indian National Congress?__________________________________
- Which film got Best feature film Award in 66th National Film Festival awards 2012 at New Delhi? _______________________________________
- Who wrote the booker prize winning novel The Life of Pi?___________________________
- Which character in Shakespeare was Prince of Tyre?________________________________
- Who is popularly known as father of Indian Cinema?________________________
- Which Indian actor is known as Tragedy King?_____________________
- The present Lok Sabha is _____________
- National Education Day is celebrated every year to earmark the birth anniversary of ___________________________
- The minimum age to qualify for election to the Lok Sabha is _____________
- ALGOL stands for____________________________
- Who came up with the idea of facebook?_____________________
- Who is considered as Chief Architect of Tajmahal? _______________________